When it comes to weeknight dinners I’m all about cooking in “bulk”. My reasoning behind this is I don’t like sending my kids to school with boring sandwiches all the time. So, when I cook a meal for dinner that I know my family loves I always make extra for their lunch boxes the next day.
Tacos, soup, pasta…are just a few leftover dinner ideas that are PERFECT for kids lunch boxes. All of these ideas taste just as good cold but if your child prefers them hot, purchasing a thermos can go a long way.
20 Leftover Dinner Ideas Perfect for Kids’ Lunch Boxes
- 20 Minute Chicken and Rice Skillet Dinner from Home Cooking Memories
- 6 Ingredient Sloppy Joe from Grounded & Surrounded
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Pizza from The Kittchen
- Beef and Broccoli from The Blended Blog
- Cheeseburger Burritos from A Blonde’s Moment
- Cheesy Zucchini Spinach Quesadillas from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chili Macaroni from Simply Stacie
- Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos from Living La Vida Holoka
- Easy Pan Pizza from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Easy Pierogi Lasagna Casserole from Creative Cyncronicity
- Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup from Busy Being Jennifer
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Flatbread Wraps from The Mommy Mix
- Honey Mustard Fish Sliders from Lolly Jane
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Cooking with Curls
- Instant Pot Spaghetti from Cooking with Curls
- Mexican Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps from Home Cooking Memories
- Quick & Easy Turkey Pizza Pockets from Saving you Dinero
- Soft Beef Taco with Spanish Style Rice from The Mommy Mix
- Tuscan Meatball and Bean Soup from Living La Vida Holoka
- Whole 30 Mini Turkey Meatloaf from Bites of Wellness
What leftover dinner idea does your family like to see in their lunch box?
Get more lunch box inspiration with these posts:
- A+ School Lunch Box Recipes
- 15 Lunch Box Hacks That Will Make Life Easier For Parents
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese Cups
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.