I am a huge fan of chicken fajitas but I’m also a huge perfectionist when it comes to anything I put in a wrap – both ends have to be tucked in nice and neat so nothing falls out, which is usually why I buy the biggest wraps I can find. I’m sure at this point you can tell just how mortified I was when I found that my husband had bought flatbread – they’re so long and short.
As I always do, I worked with what I had and the outcome was phenomenal.
- ½ lb. boneless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 mini bell peppers (any colour) cut into strips
- ½ onion slivered
- 6 tbsp. taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 6 flatbread wraps
- 3-4 cups shredded cheese
- Optional ingredients: Spinach, lettuce, kale, tomatoes
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray.
- Fry chicken & garlic together for 5 minutes or until chicken starts to turn white. Add bell peppers and onions.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning on high until mixture starts to boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cheese, ½ cup fajita mixture, optional ingredients & cheese again (in that order) to a flatbread wrap.
- Wrap as you would using your regular wraps, making sure to tuck in the ends as much as you can.
- Grill for 3 minutes or until the wrap starts to get dark lines. If you don't have an indoor grill that cooks both the top and bottom flip once for consistency.
In the end, his mistake was a blessing in disguise because there are no words to explain just how delicious the grilled chicken fajita flatbread wraps were dipped in sour cream. Of course, you can use salsa or guacamole if you’d like. Heck, even all three!