DIY Deer Hand Warmer Craft + FREE Printable
My hands are always cold – in fact, they’re freezing right now as I type this. Weather has a lot to do with this!
During the summer they’re fine, it’s the winter months where they seem to get no relief and according to the weather forecast it looks like we’re in for a couple more months of these frosty temperatures. That’s where these homemade deer hand warmers will come in “handy” – they’re so easy to make, your kids can help too. The heart shape makes perfect gifts to show those around you how much you care – think gifts for grandparents, teachers and friends.
- 1. Using a simple shape as a pattern, cut two pieces out of fabric.
- 2. Place the right sides of fabric together and sew around the shape leaving 1/4″ edge. Leave a 1.5″ unsewn opening.
- 3. Turn right side out.
- 4. Using a funnel, fill your hand warmers with uncooked rice.
- 5. Pin the opening so it looks good and stays closed.
- 6. Using a needle and thread, sew the opening shut.
- 7. Print the printable on white cardstock and cut apart the cards.
- 8. Place one card and a hand warmer in a clear bag or use the card as a tag and tie it around the hand warmer.
- 9. Give away to someone who deserves warm hands!
- This deer hand warmer craft is sure to not only warm someone’s hands but their heart as well.
Do you know someone whose hands are always cold?