This post may contain affiliate links.
Uh oh…I’ve made a HUGE mistake! I just made the most addicting sweet treat you can imagine – Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Balls.
I’m not kidding! Have you tried them? They’re so moist and delicious, not to mention incredibly easy…I’m in trouble.
Luckily, I only have one brick of cream cheese in the refrigerator and I need half of that brick for the Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas I’ll be making for dinner one day this week so I only ended up making a small batch of the Oreo cookie balls but I’m sure that’s enough to make my waistline hate me.
- · 18 Oreo cookies; crushed
- · ½ brick of cream cheese
- · 2 cups chocolate chips
- · Optional: 2 Oreo cookies; crushed (garnished)
- 1. In a food processor crush the Oreo cookies. No food processor? Don’t worry, stick them in a large freezer bag and
- start pounding them with your fist. It’ll still crush them up nice and tiny but you’ll also get to take out some frustration as well.
- 2. You can mix the Oreo cookies and cream cheese together by hand or use an electric mixer to make things easier on yourself.
- 3. Roll 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet with wax paper. I’m horrible at gauging how many inches are what so I used a cookie spoon – perfect size.
- 4. Stick in the refrigerator for 1 hour or freezer for 20 minutes.
- 5. In a microwaveable bowl melt chocolate chips at 20 second intervals making sure to stir in between until completely melted.
- 6. Using a fork or spoon (whichever you find easier) dip the Oreo cookie balls in the chocolate making sure to cover it entirely.
- 7. Optional: Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top for garnish.
- 8. Stick in the refrigerator for 1 hour or freezer for 20 minutes before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.