If you’re looking for a delicious and easy breakfast to make for your family or your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day this Cheesy Egg Heart Bread Toast will definitely be a hit!
I think it was this past Halloween that I had mentioned how much I like to “theme” my families meals for the holidays. Well, the other day, while the kids were at school I decided to do some experimenting with a recipe I’ve always wanted to try but wasn’t quite sure how it would taste or how difficult it would be.
Now, keep in mind this recipe was a total spur of the moment (which explains my lack of photos) and the ingredients are for one, but clearly there will be no trouble duplicating it as much as you need to feed your family.
- 1 slice of bread of choice
- 1 egg
- Butter (desired amount)
- Heart shape cookie cutter
- (Optional) 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Spray a frying pan with a little bit of non-stick spray (so the egg doesn’t stick) and turn stove burner to medium.
- Butter both sides of bread with the amount you would normally use.
- Place buttered bread in frying pan. Use a heart shape cookie cutter to cut a heart in the middle of bread.
- For a Sunny Side Up Egg you’ll want to flip your bread once it’s golden brown and then crack the egg in the middle.
- For a Over Easy, Over Medium or Over Hard Egg you’ll want to crack the egg then flip once partially cooked.
- (Optional) Add some cheese in the heart shape and cover with a lid for 30 seconds.
Bloggers note: Don’t waste the heart shaped bread you cut out from the middle, make some cheese toast or freeze for later use.
Sprinkle some love and serve, but most importantly don’t forget to enjoy a hot breakfast with the ones you hold close to your heart!
If you have ever considered hosting a party — and you post regularly about food, then we need your help! This is what is required to be a host of Tasty Tuesday parties:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.