Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Although the air is feeling quite chilly today and the temperatures are more of what we would have during the winter months, it is still Fall. So technically, I can still obsess over EVERYTHING pumpkin and not feel bad about it. But I think even if I shouldn’t I would still share this recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes because there’s NOTHING bad about it!
• 3 Tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Glaze:
• 4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
• 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• optional: milk to thin out
1. Start out by making the cinnamon swirl mixture. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside to cool.
2. Heat your pan/skillet (or you could use a Silver Dollar Pancake Pan and make multiples at a time), add oil or nonstick spray if necessary.
3. Make your pancake batter by stirring together all pancake ingredients with a wooden spoon.
4. Turn the stovetop dial down to medium and scoop 1/3 to 1/2 cup portion onto the skillet.
5. As the pancake starts to cook, spoon the cinnamon swirl mixture into a piping bag or plastic bag. Once the pancake is almost fully cooked on one side, snip off the end of the bag and add a swirl of cinnamon on top of the cooking pancake. Allow the cinnamon mixture to set for at least one minute before flipping and cooking full on the other side.
6. If you are not using a Smiley Face Cake Pan that allows you make multiple pancakes at once then repeat the above steps for all of the pancakes. Meanwhile, whip together the cream cheese glaze. You can drizzle this over the pancakes with a spoon or with an additional piping bag – your choice.
Best served hot.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.