DISCLOSURE: This post does include Amazon affiliate links. This means if you purchase something from Amazon within a certain time period after clicking on either of the links I do receive a “kick back” and in turn will be very thankful!
The other day, Colton and I were walking down the street and to distract him from trying to run into traffic I started to ask him a few questions.
- Me: Would you ever eat worms?
- Colton: Eww. No
- Me: What if I covered them in chocolate ice cream?
- Colton: Nope.
- Me: What if I covered them in chocolate ice cream and oreo cookies?
- Colton: Uh-uh!
- Hence, my creation of the non-disgusting Worms in Dirt Frozen Yogurt recipe I came up with that no one will be saying “Eww!” to. It may not be the ice cream we talked about but he’ll never know…
- 2.5 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies crushed
- Gummy Worms
- 1. Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl except Oreo Cookies and Gummy Worms. Cover and place in refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Start Hamilton Beach 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker and pour in mixture.
- 3. Churn for 30 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- 4. Add crushed Oreo Cookies and Gummy Worms to liking.
- 5. Enjoy!
With just the flick of the off/on switch the Hamilton Beach 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker gave us delicious homemade frozen yogurt that my kids loved and we didn’t have to use any rock salt, it was that easy! After having three bowls we still had a lot left over, lucky for us the freezer bowl fit perfectly into our tiny freezer.
Aside from the Ice Cream Maker Hamilton Beach Canada has so many great products to help beat the heat this summer including a Wave Station® Express Dispensing Blender with 9 blending functions and my favourite feature – a dispensing spout, makes it easy for those little hands that are always trying to help in the kitchen.