It’s Canada Day this weekend and a special one at that, all kinds of people are going to gather all over Canada this Saturday to honor Canada’s 150th birthday. Crazy, eh?
We’re going to celebrate our freedom, our diversity but most of all this wonderful land so many of us call home. However, a party isn’t a party without tons of delicious food. Am I right?!
I’ve rounded up some recipes that truly represent Canada – either through the red & white on our flag or the ingredients we’re known for; maple, bacon and even whiskey. So without further ado, I give you some Canadian recipes to share with your guests or surprise your hosts with this Canada Day.
- Butter Tarts from Ann’s Entitled Life
- Canada Day Maple Leaf Cookies from Ottawa Mommy Club
- Canadian Barbeque Nachos from Mommy Moment
- Cherry Coke Cupcakes from Simply Stacie
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Shortcake from The Bombshell Bling
- Gluten-Free Maple Syrup Butter Tarts from From Our Hideaway
- Grilled Maple-Butter Peach Camembert with Maple Pecans & Peameal Bacon from The Cookie Writer
- Jell-O Swirl Ice Cream from Mom vs the Boys
- Kit Kat Canada Day Cake from Little Miss Kate
- Extra Spicy Ceaser from Merry About Town
- Maple Cake with Caramel Buttercream Frosting from My 3 Little Kittens
- Maple Leaf Cupcakes from Mommy Kat and Kids
- Moist Maple Sweet Potato Walnut Butter Cake from The Delicious Crescent
- Mini Tourtieres with Chunky Homemade Ketchup from Crumb
- Nanimo Bar Rice Krispies from Jo and Sue
- No Bake Light Red & White Chocolate Rhubarb Cheesecake from Food Meanderings
- PEI Potato Mussel Chowder from Bacon is Magic
- Raspberry Ruffle from Raising Memories
- Red Velvet Trifle from Frugal Mom Eh!
- Strawberry Tiramisu from Sugar Love Spices
- Surprise Inside Canada Day Cake from An Italian in My Kitchen
- Whiskey Maple Cheesecake Tarts from The Bewitchin’ Kitchen
- Wild Blueberry Bagel Bread with Whiskey Date Caramel from Abbey’s Kitchen
How will you be celebrating Canada Day? Which one of these truly Canadian recipes will you be making for your festivities, eh?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.