It’s that wonderful time of year again!
The holidays bring us festive parties, bake sales, cookie exchanges….and so much more! Wouldn’t it be great to have a cookie recipe hack to make your holiday baking a little less hectic?
Anything Goes Cookie Dough Recipe from Becel has been tested by experts and can create endless possibilities of soft and chewy goodness every time!
Now, I’m no expert but I do love to bake; for the most part anyway. I’ve tried the Anything Goes Cookie Dough Recipe twice; once with my Soft & Chewy Banana Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and more recently with these Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies.
- 2¼ cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large Naturegg™ Omega 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cocoa
- 1 bag (300 grams) Hershey's Chipits mint chocolate chips
- 2 bags (600 grams) Hershey's Chipits white chocolate chips
- 6 regular-sized peppermint candy canes; crushed.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with sugars in large bowl.
- Beat in Naturegg™ Omega 3 eggs and extract until blended.
- Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- Add your Hersheys's Chipits mint chocolate chips
- Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- In a small microwaveable bowl melt Hershey's Chipits white chocolate chips in the microwave in 15 second intervals until completely melted; making sure to stir in between each interval.
- Dip cookie into melted white chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle desired amount of crushed candy canes onto the melted chocolate.
- Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
This holiday season when you’re baking up all of your wonderful goodies you can replace butter with margarine 1:1. Soft non-hydrogenated margarine like Becel® Buttery Taste, made from a blend of plant oils contains 80 percent less saturated fat than butter and has zero trans fat. These cookies were so simple to make and I can’t wait to try a few more holiday spins with this recipe!
Get into the holiday spirit by #BakingWithBecel!
From now until December 13th, share a photo of your Anything Goes Cookie Dough creation with your holiday mix-ins with Becel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest and be entered for your chance to win 1 of 4 baking prize packages valued at $625! See below for additional details, and be sure to visit becel.ca for the full rules and regulations.
Baking prize packs include a 5.5 quart stand mixer, baking sheet and set of measuring cups and spoons from Cuisinart Canada, four packages of HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Baking Chips and product coupons from Burnbrae Farms (outside Atlantic Canada) and Becel!
What’s your holiday spin going to be on Becel’s Anything Goes Cookie Dough?
DISCLOSURE: I am a paid sponsor for Becel® but these opinions are my own.