I love me some shortbread cookies – when made right they melt in your mouth and taste delicious!
Adding a twist to them with some other traditional tastes of Christmas such as chocolate and cherry maraschinos just make them even more delectable. That’s why our Cherry Garcia Shortbread Cookies are the PERFECT sweet treat for any holiday gathering or friendly Christmas cookie exchange.
• 1 c. unsalted butter, room temp
• 1/2 c. granulated sugar
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 c. all-purpose flour
• 1/4 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2 tbsp. milk
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 1 cup maraschino cherries
1. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed beat room temperature butter for roughly 30 seconds.
2. Add sugar and vanilla extract, beat until fluffy, for about 1 minute. Set to the side.
3. In a separate medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add dry ingredient mixture to the butter mixture, beating until well combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5. Gently mix in chocolate chips and cherries.
6. Add the milk and blend until just combined.
7. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1-hour.
Bloggers Tip: To prevent sticking and tearing of the dough, sprinkle your work surface, the top of the dough, and your rolling pin with a bit of all-purpose flour before rolling. Keep the dough cold at all times.
8. Use a round cookie cutter to cut the dough into cookies.
9. Carefully transfer cut cookies to a baking sheet with a small spatula.
10. Re-roll the remaining dough scraps and 8 and 9 until all the dough is used.
11. Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
12. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes
Allow cooling to room temperature before serving!
What’s your favourite kind of Christmas cookie?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.