Can you believe in my 35 years of life I just tried an avocado for the very first time?! It’s crazy! I’ve always wanted to try it but have only ever found avocados at stores in 3-5 per bag – decently priced but I’m not the type to buy something I’ve never tried before in large quantities, especially when others in my house have no interest in it.
My mom buys avocados and eats them on a regular basis with cheese and crackers and my dad hates them. This past Easter I asked her if I could take one home to try and now I’m obsessed. On its own, I’m not a fan of avocado but on toast mashed together with a boiled egg and a little bit of spice, it was delicious.
Avocados have a ton of healthy fats, fiber, and other important nutrients plus people who eat them tend to be healthier and it’s so versatile that hiding (if it’s green my kids think it’s poison) them from your kids in smoothies, muffins, and even pudding is easy.
Now, if you’re like me and looking for a little inspiration on how you can eat this unique fruit I’ve got you covered – I’ve rounded up a list of different avocado recipes from some very talented bloggers.
23 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Avocados
- Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Cookie Writer
- Avocado Dressing from Allergy Girl Eats
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce from Savory Tooth
- Avocado Ice Cream from Elephantastic Vegan
- Avocado Mango Salsa from The Jenny Evolution
- Avocado Watermelon Salad from Smarty Pants Mama
- Baby Kale Avocado Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette & Parmesan from Wholesome Yum
- Baked Avocado Eggs from The Baking Fairy
- Best Ever Guacamole from Trial and Eater
- Chicken And Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Chunky Avocado Salsa from Ally’s Sweet and Savory Eats
- Creamy Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad with Dill from Serena Bakes
- Creamy Avocado Dip from Thrifty Jinxy
- Creamy Avocado Pasta from Pepperbowl
- Grilled Chicken, Avocado and Spinach Wholemeal Wrap from My Gorgeous Recipes
- Ham-ocado Egg Bites from A Mashup Mom
- Hearty Avocado & Turkey Salad with Greek Dressing from The Weeknight Chef
- Paleo Avocado Brownies from Merry About Town
- Pastina Stuffed Avocados from Drugstore Divas
- Tarragon Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados from Savvy Saving Couple
- The Classic Power Bowl from Blissful Basil
- Turkey Patties with Avocado and Spaghetti Squash from The Fit Blog
- Zucchini Noodles with an Avocado Sauce and Kale and Quinoa Bites from My Organized Chaos
Have you ever tried avocados? Do you like them? What are some of your favourite ways to enjoy avocados?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.