Being a mom of boys you would think I’d know a little more about Star Wars – I mean this is a movie that’s been around since before I was even born. You’d think I’d have seen just one of the movies…but I haven’t. As disappointing as this may be to you, imagine how disappointed my son was today when I asked him if Stormtrooper was one or two words.
Here’s what I do know about the popular movie, everyone knows and loves (except me):
1. My kids really, really want a light saber so they can whack eachother with it.
2. My husband can quote the famous movie line “Luke, I am your father.” and it would be true.
3. I really need to get with the program and watch these action-packed movies.
Maybe today will be the day, but if not we’ll have these Star Wars inspired crafts and printables to keep us busy celebrating the day.
First up, pool noodle light sabers for the whole family – I’m sure we can all stand to let out a little frustration in a fun and energetic way!
- BB-8 Inspired Play Dough from Left Brain Craft Brain
- DIY Star Wars Rebels Pinata from Rockin’ Boys Club
- Easy Foam Light Sabers from The Inspiration Vault
- Erupting Death Star Baking Soda from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Glow Stick Light Saber from Arts & Crackers
- Light Sabre Sensory Writing Tray from Parenting Chaos
- May The Fourth Be With You Colouring Page from eParenting
- R2D2 Craft from There’s Just One Mommy
- R2D2 Drawing Art Bot from Handmade Kids Art
- Sponge Printed Death Star Craft from Crafts on Sea
- Star Wars Inspired Footprints from The Pinterested Parent
- Star Wars Minute to Win It Party Pack from Lasting Thumb Prints