If you asked my kids “What’s the one food that you could eat every day?” They’d tell you “Tacos!”
Taco salad, taco dip, taco in a bag, hard tacos, soft tacos…it really doesn’t matter as long as it tastes like tacos. As much as I love them myself, I can’t bring myself to eat them every day…at least not without a little change once in awhile.
Soft Beef Tacos with Spanish Style Multigrain Rice
I love to experiment when I cook – adding new ingredients to already loved meals, if it’s quick to make and healthy that’s even better. Seeds of Change® is the only organic rice and ancient grain brand ready-to-heat in the microwave for as little as 90 seconds available in Canada. Bonus: When using the microwave the special blend gets heated in the package which means no extra dishes to wash
- 2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 packages of taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Seeds of Change® Spanish Style Multigrain Rice with Quinoa, Red Bell Peppers and Corn
- 2 cups cheese shredded
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- sour cream
- 1. Cook ground beef in a frying pan on medium-heat until colour starts to change, add diced onions and continue until ground beef is fully cooked.
- 2. Stir in 2 cups of water and taco seasoning mix, continue to cook on medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil and simmer stirring occasionally and remove from heat once beef taco mixture is thick.
- 3. Prepare soft tacos by spreading sour cream on the wrap, adding beefy taco mixture, Seeds of Change® Spanish Style Multigrain Rice with
- Quinoa, Red Bell Peppers and Corn, cheese, lettuce and tomato to taste.
- 4. Wrap and enjoy!
The Seeds of Change® Grant Program is set up to allow them to contributes 1% of sales to community gardens across the country, making it easier for those of us who find ourselves strapped for time but still cautious of what we eat find local and organic products we can trust.
Enter to win…
- This summer, Canadians have a chance win a GRAND PRIZE trip to Prince Edward County, Ontario to enjoy a once in a lifetime meal of original recipes from world renowned Chef Jamie Kennedy made with local, seasonal produce and Seeds of Change. There will be five grand prizes that include travel for two to Prince Edward County from anywhere in Canada, two nights’ stay in nearby Toronto, and $1,000.000 CAD spending money. The contest begins on July 12, 2016 and ends on August 14, 2016. To enter, head to your local major grocery retailer and purchase Seeds of Change®, and then enter online with the code on the package at www.SeedsofChange.ca
- Disclosure: Although this post has been generously sponsored by SheSpeaks/SeedsOfChangeCA , the opinions and language are my own.