It’s pretty much a given that the minute we pull out of our driveway we start to hear the all too familiar cry of “We’re hungry!”, even though they literally had breakfast or lunch or dinner 10 minutes before we even step foot in our vehicle.
This can be difficult and stressful, not to mention one more way we need to keep kids occupied on a long road trip. However, after 9 years of parenting, we’ve learned to always pack a cooler of snacks and leave a couple bottles of water at the front with us for easy access.
Usually, the snacks we bring are sandwiches, fruit, veggies, store bought granola bars & fruit snacks – all quick, easy, mess-free and mostly good for you.
Great, right? But, you want to know what else is easy?
Thinking about all the snacks our kid’s love and making them from scratch ahead of time for an even healthier alternative.
- Cinnamon Energy Bites from Courtney’s Cookbook
- Coconut Chicken Tenders from Home Cooking Memories
- Crispy Broccoli and Carrot Fritters from Fivespot Green Living
- Dark Chocolate Granola from Food Fun Family
- Delicious No Bake Almond Oat Squares from The Mommy Mix
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Pretzels from Certified Pasty Aficionado
- Easy Pop Tart Recipe from She Saved
- Get-up-and-Go Peanut Butter Snack Bites from The Mommy Mix
- Ham and Mac and Cheese Lunchbox Muffins from i should be mopping the floors
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Muddy Buddies (Vegan + GF) from Strength & Sunshine
- Homemade Fruit Chews from Life, Love and Thyme
- Homemade Soft Pretzels from 5 Minutes for Mom
- No Bake Almond Joy Snack Bites from Two Healthy Kitchens
- No Bake Maple Pecan Breakfast Cookies (Vegan + GF) from Healthy Helper
- Omelette Muffins from The Mommy Mix
- Peanut Butter Jelly Granola Bars (Vegan + GF) from Rhian’s Recipe
- Roasted Spiced Chickpeas from Moneywise Moms
- Trail Mix Oatmeal Cookies from Simply Stacie
- Secretly Healthy Sweet N’ Salty Trail Mix (Vegan + GF) from Casey the College Celiac
- Sugar-free Candied Pecans from Wholesome Yum
Do your kids complain they’re hungry the minute you leave the house? What are your “go to” road trip snacks?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.