DISCLOSURE: This post contains amazon affiliate links. This means if you click on a link & make a purchase you are helping support The Mommy Mix and I thank you for that!
There’s just something about pineapples that screams “SUMMER”, isn’t there?!
I’m not sure if it’s the delicious mixture of sweet & sour that wakes up your taste buds, the intoxicating citrusy aroma that makes you wish you were ocean side or the fact that it truly is a beautiful and unique looking fruit with its sharp ridges on the outside and bright yellow on the inside.
Decorate your summer-themed party (or any occasion) dessert table with our Pineapple Cupcakes – they not only look like a (cute) juicy pineapple with the vibrant yellow frosting but they taste like one too, thanks to the pineapple juice.
1. Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
2. Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray if you choose not to use cupcake liners. Otherwise, put down cupcake liners first.
3. Pour cupcake mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the cupcake mix into the cupcake pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
5. Let cupcakes cool.
6. While the cupcakes are cooling, cut your green twizzlers in half for the pineapple’s stem.
7. Scoop the white icing into a large mixing bowl. Add a few drop of yellow dye and mix until you get the desire color of yellow you want! Then, transfer your icing to a ziploc bag or a Wilton icing bag. I used a Wilton Tip 1M to pipe on the frosting on top of the cupcake.
What do you think will you be making these Pineapple Cupcakes for anything? What food most reminds you of summer?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.