Welcome to the very last Tasty Tuesday before the start of a new school year!
This year my son will be starting the school year off at a new school that does things a little differently than what we’re used too. Rather than having two recesses and one long lunch hour, they’ll be having a 15 minute snack in the morning with 25 minutes of activity and a 25 minute lunch in the afternoon with 25 minutes of activity. I love this idea and it’s because of it that I’m trying to think of unique meals he can bring in his lunch box, especially of the “breakfast” kind.
These light and fluffy Omelette Muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. They’re jam-packed with bacon, onions, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach and tex mex cheese.
- • 1 cup chopped bacon
- • 1/2 cup diced onions
- • 1 small red pepper diced
- • 8 cherry tomatoes sliced
- • 1/2 cup spinach
- • tex mex cheese to liking
- • 9 eggs
- • 1/4 cup milk
- • 1/4 tsp olive oil
- • 1/4 tsp baking soda
- • pinch of salt and pepper
- 1. In a frying pan sauté bacon and onions for 4 minutes on medium. Lower heat, add red pepper, cherry tomatoes & spinach. Continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
- 2. Take this time to add eggs, milk, olive oil, baking soda, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk till yolks are broken and blended.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°C.
- 4. Spray muffin tin and fill each one with a tbsp of sautéd mixture. Add cheese to liking. Fill the remainder of muffin tin with egg mixture until 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
- These Omelette Muffins can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to a week, making the the perfect on-the-go breakfast.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.