Today’s Tasty Tuesday is brought to you by Claire, the founder of SumoChef
When I visited Korea, I was astounded by the variety of flavors and spices they had to offer. From the delicious gochugaru spice down to kimchi and tender Korean barbecues, it had me drooling and always wanting to try out more of their dishes. So once I got home, I decided to try out one simple thing, a fusion of two of my favorite things: Cheese and rice! So out came the Korea Style Cheesy Rice recipe, something I whipped up to add more spice and pizzazz to the usual bowls of rice I’ve been indulging in recently.
So if you’re wondering how to put a touch of Korean cuisine into your usual dishes, then read on as I show you the easiest Korea style cheesy rice bowl to try out for yourself.
A Simple and Delicious Korea Style Cheesy Rice Recipe for One!
I’m in love with rice, and this cheesy rice bowl holds no exception! It’s a huge upgrade compared to the regular bowl of rice because you have a hint of spice from the kimchi, the savory and sweet flavors from the cheese, and a nice sesame flavor from the sauce. Filling, cheesy, and deliciously indulgent. You won’t even need to pair it with anything and you can just enjoy this cheesy goodness alone!
This serves one person.
Preparation Time: Five minutes
Cook Time: Ten minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- • 2 tablespoons of chili paste
- • 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds
- • 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- • 1 teaspoon of sugar
- • 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- • 1 cup of brown rice (you can use white rice)
- • 1 large chicken egg
- • 1/4 cup of kimchi, chopped
- • 1/4 cup of mozzarella, minced
- 1. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Set it aside.
- 2. Add the sesame oil into a small frying pan. Allow it to heat up and then add the chicken egg, allowing it to cook.
- 3. Once the white part of the chicken egg begins to cook, add the one cup of rice, stirring it occasionally for two to three minutes.
- 4. Add the paste and continue to stir the rice until the sauce is mixed in with the rice well. This will take another two minutes.
- 5. Add the kimchi and again, stir for half a minute. Put the cheese on top and reduce the heat, covering the pan and letting the cheese melt. Turn down the heat after one minute.
- 6. Once the cheese has successfully melted, take it out from the stove and let it cool. Serve while it’s still warm and enjoy the bowl!
Now that you’re familiar with how to make a bowl of cheesy rice, what are more ways to make the dish even better? Here are some tips you can follow to enjoy a delicious bowl of Korea Style cheesy rice:
- • Add more spice to it! There are dozens of spices available for you to choose from, which add more earthy or natural tones to the rice.
- • Don’t overcook the already-cooked rice! As much as possible, only cook it for less than ten minutes, including mixing the rice with the sauce and cheese.
If there’s one thing I love about Asian cuisine, it’s their rice! I enjoy a steaming cup of rice that goes well with almost anything. And yes, it even works so well with a mix of kimchi and cheese. This cheesy rice bowl is so easy to do, you can easily whip it up in less than an hour and have a unique meal to indulge in, may it be just you alone or for your family to enjoy.
I hope that this article on how to make a Korea Style Cheesy Rice helped you become more knowledgeable on how to whip up a quick meal for you or your loved ones to appreciate. So don’t wait any longer and try this recipe out. You’ll get to discover more of Asian cuisine and their exotic flavors this way.
If you’ve got any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with how to put a Korean twist to your dishes, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you think.
Claire is the founder of SumoChef, and her passion is cooking. Her unique approach to cooking is the result of her varied experience and travel abroad. She believes that food is what actually unites people and the dining table is where we set aside our differences. SumoChef is where she finds expression to her passion and she hope be able to contribute to your cooking experience through this. Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
If you would like to be a guest contributor and have your non-published alcohol-free recipe featured on Tasty Tuesday please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.