Grilled vegetables are my favourite way to get my daily intake! Actually, anything on the bbq is my fave, regardless of what it is. Even more than grilled veggies, I love the tangy sweetness of cherry tomatoes and peppers. There’s just something about the delicious combo that sends my taste buds into a frenzy. Always has, even when my mom used to throw the two into a stirfry.
Grilled Veggie & Quinoa Salad
Serves 4-5 people
This Grilled Veggie & Quinoa Salad has asparagus, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes marinated in a sweet honey dijon vinaigrette can pretty much be combined with everything… Chicken, potatoes, salmon…throw in some quinoa and you’ve got a tasty & healthy meal that’s high in protein and has all nine essential amino acids rolled into one.
· 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
· 1 yellow pepper
· 1 red pepper
· 14 spears asparagus
· 1 cup cherry tomatoes
· 2 tablespoons olive
· 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1/8 cup olive oil
· 2.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1.5 tablespoons bold or dijon mustard
1. Prep the asparagus and cut the peppers into quarters. In a large bowl combine all of the veggies.
2. In a measuring cup whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour over veggies.
4. Grill the veggies on the bbq for 8-10 minutes or until slightly cooked.
5. Let the veggies cool then cut into bite size pieces but leave tomatoes intact.
6. Mix the veggies with the quinoa.
7. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss until fully combined.
8. Let salad chill in the fridge for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
Although, summer is over, don’t let the cool air get you down. Indoor grills are a convenient way to get your grill on and will have your veggies tasting just as good as they would if they were fresh of the bbq.
How do you prefer your veggies? Do you have an indoor grill?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.