My kids are both immensely picky eaters. Unless it’s a strawberry or broccoli, if it has any colour it’s automatically “Eww, gross!”
I’m not ashamed to admit that in order for me to get them to eat their veggies and even fish sometimes I will usually hide it in their meals, for example; I’ve diced carrots, peppers, garlic into tiny pieces and thrown them in when browning the ground beef for their tacos and I’ve used spinach instead of lettuce for the fill ingredients and I’ve cut sole fish into tiny pieces and mixed it with rice. Most recently though, I’ve made a Green Smoothie that was given the thumbs up by my 4-year-old.
Thanks to my new favourite kitchen appliance – Nutri Ninja® | Ninja® Blender System with Auto-iQ™ Technology this Green Smoothie took me literally 5 minutes to make from start to finish and it hit the spot for both my son and I, after my workout.
Kid Approved Green Smoothie
Packed with vitamin A and C, this Green Smoothie will help keep your skin and hair looking beautiful and help you fight off germs. It carries one and half serving of vegetables and just over one serving of fruit that you should intake daily.
- • 1/4 cup packed spinach
- • 1/4 cup baby carrots or carrot chunks
- • 1 celery stalk chunks
- • 1/4 cup orange chunks
- • 1 banana
- • 1 tbsp chia seeds
- • 1/4 cup water
- •1/4 cup ice
1. Throw spinach, carrots, celery, orange, banana, chia seeds, water and ice in to your into the 24-ounce cup of your Nutri Ninja® | Ninja® Blender System with Auto-iQ™ Technology.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.