I meant to post these last week but you know…life happened so the french toast cups recipe had to wait.
Our weekend started with an inservice day at school – this meant non-stop fighting from the boys. I worked my regular weekend job Saturday and Sunday. To end the chaos my big guy got sick & now my little guys is running a fever. This has resulted in a whole lot of cuddles and absolutely no time for me or the blog.
FRENCH TOAST CUPS
These French Toast Cups are so delicious I promise you will not be able to eat just one of them. Filled with yogurt or whipped cream and topped with your favourite berries & chocolate chips.
- • 1 egg
- • 60 ml milk
- • 1 tbsp syrup
- • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- • 5 slices bread
- • whipped cream in a can
- • (optional) strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc…
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray the muffin pan.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk egg, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract together.
- 3. Take one slice of bread (you don’t have to cut the crust – I only did this to save an argument with my kids) dip it into the mixture and gently press into the muffin tin. Make sure to get the mixture all over but be careful the bread doesn’t rip as my first one did.
- 4. Bake for 13 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- 5. Let cool. Spray in whipped cream. Garnish the top with bright fruits and chocolate chips.
French Toast Cups look like you spent hours making them when really it took you 20 minutes tops and they are a tasty breakfast/dessert combo that will fit in perfectly on any brunch or party table.
- Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
- Old Fashion Banana Bread with Strawberry White Chocolate Glaze
- Strawberry Banana Pancake Muffins
Hmm…anyone else seeing a trend here?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.