DISCLOSURE: This post contain affiliate links.
It’s the last Tasty Tuesday before the most wonderful time of the year and I’ve just made the most delicious Christmas Cookies!
A few weeks ago I went to my local Bulk Barn and bought a TON of stuff for all the holiday baking I was going to be doing…45 minutes and $50 later I returned to my husband who was sitting patiently in the truck. I swear, the only worse than a kid in the candy store is a blogger preparing for the holidays!
I still had a few odds & ends leftover–crushed candy canes, mixed nuts and crushed Oreos–so I decided to bake some cookies. The Anything Goes Cookie Dough recipe is one that I’ve used many times (with a few substitutions here & there) and EVERY time they turn out soft & chewy!
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Christmas Cookies
- • 1 cup butter
- • 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- • 2 eggs
- • 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- • 2 1/4 cup flour
- • 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp salt
- • 1/2 cup of each; crushed candy canes, crushed mixed nuts and crushed Oreo cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine butter and sugars in mixer until light & fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, continue beating.
- 3. In a seperate bowl stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Slowly add powdered mixture to wet mixture in mixer.
- 4. Add in crushed ingredients, continue mixing until well blended.
- 5. Spoon cookie dough onto a lightly greased pan.
- 6. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Kitchen Tip: I used to think Cookie Scoops were useless and than I used one and now I think it’s a MUST HAVE kitchen gadget for anyone who loves to bake!
With t being so close to the holidays I can’t wait to see what you all come up with this Tasty Tuesday. Don’t forget to share this post with your family and friends so they too can have some inspiration in the kitchen!
Merry Christmas to you and yours and I can’t wait to see you all again in the New Year!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.