I love to experiment in the kitchen – give me an ingredient and I’ll come up with a recipe that I just have to try. It may take me some time. It may not always turn out or taste as planned but until I actually make it and try it for myself there’s no shutting it off. The recipe literally plays over and over in my head.
I had a coupon for a free block of Jalapeno Havarti cheese, knowing my kids weren’t just going to eat it as is – and I didn’t want to consume the entire thing on my own, I knew I had to come up with something before it went to waste. Thus, how our Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Sauce was created.
- • 10 strips of bacon cut into tiny pieces
- • 1/2 yellow onion diced
- • 3 cloves of garlic
- • 10 cherry tomatoes
- • 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- • 2 cans of mushroom soup
- • 1 cup of milk
- • 1 handful of spinach
- • 1 cup of shredded jalapeno havarti cheese
- 1. In a large frying pan, sautee bacon, onions and garlic for roughly 3-4 minutes on medium-high. Turn the element down the element to medium-low; add cherry tomatoes and sliced mushrooms.
- 2. In a seperate bowl mix mushroom soup and milk until there are no more clumps. Add mixture to frying pan.
- 3. Stir in spinach and jalapeno havarti cheese until cheese is completely melted. Continue to simmer on medium-low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Serve over your favourite pasta and enjoy!
Tip: There wasn’t too much grease from the bacon so I decided to keep it in the frying pan. This turned out to be a great idea as I didn’t have to add any additional salt or spices and this made the flavours from the bacon really come through in the overall end result.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.