Chocolate covered strawberries are the easiest, yet hardest sweet treats to make. At least for me they were.
Did you know that until yesterday I could not melt chocolate without burning it to save my life? Of course you didn’t! Why would you? There is no way I would have told a soul, I was EXTREMELY and still am a little embarrassed by this fact about myself. No matter how hard I tried or how many times I asked my mom, I just couldn’t do it.
So to save you the embarrassment and the money I am going to let you in on a little secret and the trick to melting chocolate just right… Use the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stir in between and repeat until you have a smooth, liquidy texture. That’s it! It’s that simple. I have no idea why it has taken me 20+ years to figure this out.
- 150 grams Milk Chocolate Chips
- 150 grams White Chocolate Chips
- 20 Strawberries
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Wash strawberries thoroughly under cold water and let dry completely.
- Put 150 grams of the milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds, take out stir and repeat until the chocolate chips are liquid.
- Stick a toothpick in the top of the strawberry to use for dipping, turn strawberry two times in bowl to ensure the desired amount is covered and place on wax paper. (Optional) before you place the strawberries on the paper roll in sprinkles. Repeat with each strawberry.
- Let chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Repeat steps with the above steps with the white chocolate chips.