For those of you who have been following along with my blog and know me, you know that I have a major sweet tooth. I crave sweets on a daily basis and I have absolutely no will power when it comes to chocolate…NONE!
I try my best to eat healthily but it doesn’t always happen unless I completely eliminate the problem but doing that can make me pretty “hangry”, and nobody wants to see that.
So instead, I try to surround myself with healthier options and that usually means making the treats myself, alot which are “no bake”; Cherry Vanilla Oat Bars, Almond Oat Squares and now Chocolate Coconut Squares!
- · 1 3/4 cup shredded coconut, large flakes
- · 1/2 cup coconut oil (measured solid)
- · 1/4 cup pure honey
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla
- · 2 tablespoons coconut oil (measured solid)
- · 1/2 bar of baker’s chocolate (for healthier option use dark chocolate)
2. Mix well until all the coconut is covered sticky in texture.
3. Line a 4×8 pan with parchment paper. Using a spatula, evenly press the coconut mixture into the pan. Press down firmly.
Bloggers Note: The more you press the better the bars will hold together.
4. Place in the freezer to set for 20-30 minutes.
5. While the bars are setting prepare the chocolate topping by whisking the remaining coconut oil and chocolate bar over very low heat in a small pot until completely melted.
Bloggers Note: High heat will cause the chocolate to burn.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut bars making sure the chocolate is evenly distributed.
7. Place chocolate coconut squares in the freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate is hard.
8. Remove from freezer cut into bars. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
How do you control your sweet tooth? What’s your favourite no bake treat?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.