The other morning my husband was on my case because I had some over ripe bananas sitting on the shelf, and by “some” I mean about half the bunch we purchased last week. This happens a lot!
I bet your asking yourself “Why would you buy bananas if you weren’t going to eat them?”
Mostly because my kids ALWAYS ask for them when we don’t have any and when we buy them they all of a sudden “don’t like bananas anymore”, until there are none left again. Also, I forgot we had them. It’s a good thing they always like banana bread of all kinds.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt, put to the side until needed.
- Mix brown sugar and butter in a mixer until smooth. Beat eggs in a seperate bowl and add to smooth mixture. Add powder mixture. Add mashed bananas.
- Lightly grease a 4x8 or 5x9 loaf pan. Add Chocolate Chip Banana Bread mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let cool/bake in loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing.
How do you like your banana bread?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.