I just realized that May long weekend is coming up and for a lot of people that means it’s the beginning of camping season. The weekends will soon be filled with road trips, family vacations and “roughing it” in the wilderness.
For some, there will be no stove and no gas BBQ to cook their meals with; just some rocks, sticks and wood to build a campfire. Personally, I think this is the best thing ever – not the “roughing it” part but the cooking over a campfire part – after all, everyone knows food over an open flame tastes better than anything else.
I’ve rounded up a few delicious dishes that you’re going to want to make sure you try to cooking over a campfire on your next camping trip.
- Brownie Dulce De Leche S’mores from Bomb Shell Bling
- Campfire Ham and Cheese Bread from Mommy Kat and Kids
- Campfire Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze from My 3 Little Kittens
- Campfire Donuts from Must Have Mom
- Campfire Pizza from Merry About Town
- Chicken Foil Packet from The Starving Chef
- Dessert Cones from Mom vs The Boys
- Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes from This West Coast Mommy
- Grilled Plantains from Strength & Sunshine
- Skillet Grilled Green Beans from Sweetpea Lifestyle
Are you going camping this weekend? What’s your favourite food to cook over a campfire?
For even more tasty camping or summer recipes check these posts out:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.