Yesterday was little man’s 4th birthday. There wasn’t much we could do to beat the fun and excitement he already experienced at his birthday party over the weekend with our extended family.
Nonetheless, we still wanted to make this a special day for him; this included dinner out with our little family and Birthday Cake Cookies made by myself and the little guy. Dinner was great, besides the fact that our boys apparently don’t get out very much. These cookies more than made up for them because “they taste just like birthday cake!” his words, not mine.
- • 1 cup margarine
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/2 cup golden yellow sugar
- • 2 eggs
- • 2 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • 2 cups flour
- • 3/4 cup smarties
- • 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°C.
- 2. Mix margarine and both types of sugar until margarine starts to soften. Add in eggs and vanilla extract, beat until well blended.
- 3. In a seperate bowl combine flour and baking soda. Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and continue mixing until well blended.
- 4. Stir in Smarties and Sprinkles.
- 5. Spoon drop cookie dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- 6. Let cool and enjoy!
You may not be able to stick a candle in it but I promise the kids will love it!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.