Thank you Jasmine from Softball Chef for sharing this delicious post with our readers. If you’d like to feature a post on The Mommy Mix’s Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesday you can get in touch through our contact form at the top.
Hi this is the Softball Chef, and I want to share a recipe that I made up in my kitchen by accident. First I want to explain a little about myself.
I’m in middle school and love playing softball, cooking and baking.I started my blog about 2 years ago and after a break I’m starting back up. I wanted to share my recipes, my softball experiences and the things I’ve learned with the Internet. So here’s a recipe that I think will be one of my favorites.
The best recipes are created by accident, and this case isn’t any different. I wanted to make a dessert for my family with the strawberries that were going to expire soon. Soooo in my head I thought of a dessert that would be superior to all other desserts. The first parts are simple but the purée became a tasty accident. I meant to put in only vanilla extract but grabbed the lemon extract instead. By putting in both lemon and vanilla extract it made the purée have a sweet taste with a subtle bitterness to it.
- The recipe is both simple, tasty and made with ingredients that are probably in your home.
- Ingredients for the chips:
- ● 2 or 3 Tortilla Shells
● ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
● ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
● ¼ teaspoon Paprika
● A pinch of Salt
- ● 2 tablespoons melted butter (Unsalted or Salted if you’re using salted butter don’t add any salt)Ingredients for the strawberry purée:
● 1 ½ cups chopped Strawberries
● ½ cup sugar
● A few drops of lemon extract
● A few drops of vanilla extract
Please note : For the lemon and vanilla extract add as much or as little as you would like. If you want your purée to be more bitter add more lemon extract, if you want it to be more sweet add more vanilla.
● Extra chopped strawberries
● Powdered Sugar
- ● Oven
● Blender or food processorDirections:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. While the oven is preheating chop strawberries and put them into the processor with the sugar. Blend until it is completely smooth. Add lemon and vanilla extract then blend again to incorporate. When that is done place it into the fridge to cool.
2 .Cut the tortillas into triangles. Melt the butter then mix in cinnamon,paprika, nutmeg and salt. Spread the mix onto the tortillas.
- 3. Put the pan into the oven for 10-15 mins or until it’s slightly crispy but not burnt
- 4. Chop some strawberries while the tortilla chips are cooling.
- 5. When the chips are cooled take out the purée and mix it to make sure it is not stiff. In a sieve put in powdered sugar, put the strawberries on the chips and spread the purée and powdered sugar onto it. For a garnish add the top of a strawberry.
Then ta-da! You have a strawberry tortilla or strawberry chip (I’m still working on a name).
- To find more delicious recipes, you can go to my Facebook page The Softball Chef and my blog page Softball Chef
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.