Babies are messy! They have explosions in their diapers, spit up just about everything they take in and it’s almost like they have a hole in their mouth because milk is constantly dribbling out of their mouth. It’s no surprise that they start to smell sour after a couple of hours of being awake.
This is why I think every first-time parent needs a Bath Time Theme baby shower gift – they’re the PERFECT unisex gift so you can start purchasing the items a little bit at a time to help make your money stretch.
Bath Time Baby Shower Gift
Before anything else you need to purchase the baby bathtub – this will also act as the basket – once you know how big your base is you’ll know how much you need to fill it. Here are some ideas of what you can include inside the bathtub:
• rubber ducky bath thermometer
• bath toys
• Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo – everything needed conveniently packed into one gentle wash that won’t dry out baby’s hair or skin.
• Cetaphil Baby Ultra Moisturizing Wash – contains 1/3 lotion to help protects baby’s skin during bath time.
• Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion – vitamins B5 & E, moisturizes and protects baby’s skin for up to 24 hours.
• Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Oil – sweet almond, sunflower seed & jojoba seed oils will soften mom & baby’s skin. PARENTING TIP: If the baby has cradle cap gently massage a tiny drop on the scalp when needed.
• wash cloths
• baby towel
• grooming/healthcare kit – try to find one that includes a gum/toothbrush nail clipper, file, hair brush, nasal aspirator, thermometer, saline nose drops, cotton swabs (you can buy all of these items separately but buying as a set makes it cheaper)
• baby wipes
• disposable diapers/cloth diaper
• dirty diaper sacs
• diaper rash cream
• portable/story time soother
You might be thinking, “But everyone buys diapers, wipes, bath products, etc…however, speaking from experience you can never have too much of that stuff, especially Cetaphil Baby bath products that are pediatrician recommended and made with a natural extract from the marigold flower (one of my favourites) that is gentle on baby’s skin but still calms and soothes it at the same time.
For more information on Cetaphil Baby products and the benefits it can have on a baby’s skin visit www.cetaphilbaby.ca/.
Did I miss anything? What would you add to this Bath Time Baby Shower gift? Who would you give some Cetaphil Baby bath products to?
Enter to win…
TWO lucky CANADIAN readers have the chance to WIN a CETAPHIL BABY prize pack found here – giveaway ends 9/5.
Please note: The items included in the Bath Time Baby Shower Gift Basket are NOT included in the giveaway, they are purely included in the post for inspiration on what YOU could include in a gift basket you put together.
DISCLOSURE: This post has been sponsored by Cetaphil Baby. However, as always all opinions are mine & this is a basket I put together for my very own brother’s baby shower.