There’s something about the smell of apples and cinnamon mixed together that warms my insides and I’ve been craving the combo for quite sometime now.
Fresh baked apple pie would have been my first choice but since I didn’t have any of those ingredients and the wind outside was gusting something fierce I decided to raid my baking cupboard to see what I could come up with. During my raid I found out that I have far more (3 bags full) oats than any sane person should have in their cupboards.
I could’ve just took the easy way out and made my self some Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal but I decided to live a little and make something I could throw in my son’s lunch bag, feed them a quick snack and grab on my way to work for the next few days.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup golden yellow sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2.5 cups apples
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray muffin pan with oil spray.
- Mix all flour, oats, golden yellow sugar and baking powder.
- Peel and dice apples.
- In a seperate bowl mix milk, olive oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients until moistened.
- Add apples, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until evenly blended.
- Fill each muffin pan insert ½ full.
Your family will love these Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins (even my husband who can’t stand the combination snuck a few) and they’ll have house smelling delicious-ly amazing for hours!