I absolutely love granola – I eat it in my yogurt, my ice cream, mixed with milk…basically, any way you can think of. I’m at the point where I’ve tried just about every flavour the store-bought bags have to offer I need to start making my own to switch it up a bit.
This easy Apple Cinnamon Granola recipe can be made with or without the nuts.
· 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
· 1/2 cup raw almonds
· 1/2 cup walnut halves
· 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
· 1 1/4 cup large toasted coconut flakes
· 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
· 1 cup regular oats
· 1/2 cup rice puffins or more oats
· 2 tbsp bee pollen
· 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
· 3 tbsp coconut oil (measured solid)
· 1/3 cup cashew butter
· 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
· 2 inch vanilla bean
· 1 apple (3/4 cup) peeled and grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine the raw pumpkin seeds, almonds, and walnuts in a food processor. Process until chunky (leave in pieces for texture!)
3. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients up to and including the cinnamon.
4. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and combine with the cashew butter, vanilla and applesauce. Whisk until smooth.
5. Combine the wet mixture with the dry and stir briefly.
6. Add in shredded apple and mix until everything looks a bit wet.
7. On a large tray, spread the granola out into a thin layer and press down with a silicone spatula. You want to press firmly to try and keep the granola somewhat stuck together instead of spreading out.
8. Bake for 12 minutes. Stir the granola, pressing it down again. Bake for another fourteen minutes or until granola is starting to brown (it won’t look quite done yet).
9. Remove from oven and let sit for one hour to firm up before moving.
10. Makes roughly 3 cups.
Serve the Apple Cinnamon Granola over ice cream and I swear you’ll think you’re eating a piece of cold apple pie. Grab a blanket, your favourite movie, add white chocolate or yogurt chips to the recipe and munch on it while you spend some quality time together.
If you like this Apple Cinnamon Granola recipe, you may want to try:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.