I love coffee…is still something really weird to hear myself say. Growing up I couldn’t even stand the smell, than one day I tried a cappuccino and thus my love affair with the coffee bean began.
It started with specialty coffees; cappuccinos, lattes, mochas…and has since moved onto regular cold coffee – I’m not talking about and iced coffee you’d drink on a hot summer’s day, I mean I’m a Mom so my coffee literally gets cold before I can take a sip of it.
Now my husband he’s a different story, he’s been a lover of coffee ever since I’ve known him but his preference has always been instant coffee. I know, right!? Yuck! But trust me you learn to tolerate it.
Why we made the switch from instant to a Keurig machine…
This past Christmas we were invited to my brother’s house for dinner, during our visit my brother offered my husband a coffee, hesitant at first (no instant coffee) my husband found a special roast he might like. Well he not only liked it, he loved it and by the next day (when he had his “regular” cup of coffee) he wanted a Keurig machine. I was thrilled because I’ve been trying to persuade him to agree to get one FOREVER.
After I got over the initial shock of finally having my very own Keurig machine, I stopped being scared of it and made my first cup of and it was AMAZING! I learned I now love the smell of brewed coffee and my husband learned he should’ve listened to me a long time ago, here’s why:
- 1. Consistency – no matter how hard I try I NEVER put the same amount of coffee grounds into our cups, especially first thing in the morning when I’m in mombie The K-Cups ensure we’ll get the same tasting coffee every time.
- 2. Convenience – water’s already inside, stick the pod in & slide the cup or carafe under, pick how many oz., press the button and go.
- 3. I’m not a barista – I couldn’t make a delicious specialty coffee but I can now, thank you Van Houtte Chocolate Raspberry Truffle.
- 4. Money saving – those specialty coffees I was talking about, the ones I used to buy at least once a day on my way to work range anywhere from $3-$4 apiece, a K-Cup averages about $0.71 per cup. That’s a latte extra cash in my pocket.
- 5. Stylish & compact – would I be upset if I never had another cup of coffee from our K200 Plus Series? Yes, yes I would but at least the coffee maker doesn’t take up much space and matches my décor.
That’s easy, we took the test. I’m not kidding; I’m a horrible decision maker so we picked our Keurig coffee maker based on the outcome of our Keurig Hot Brewer Selector quiz, after all who would know better what machine would suit us than Keurig itself.
Visit www.keurig.ca and find out which Keurig coffee maker is right for you. Which one did you get?