30 Random Acts Of Kindness Ideas
Am I the only person that didn’t know Random Acts Of Kindness day was on the 17th of February? Oh well, no worries for me because although I think it’s great that something so wonderful has its own day I feel like random acts of kindness should be done everyday!
With all of the disasters and heartbreak that go on in the world why not spread some joy for a family member, a friend or even a complete stranger. Not knowing what others are going through in their lives, you never know when something as simple as saying “Good Morning!” with a smile on your face will put a smile on someones.
I may not do a lot of others but I do what I can when I can. This year is kind of big for me, I have a lot of things that I not necessarily want to change but DO to better myself and one of them is to be doing more for others. Which is why I have come up with this list of random acts of kindness to help throw some cosmic karma my way.
Random acts of kindness – A person or people performing a selfless act that will help to benefit or cheer up another individual.
- Help someone across the street.
- Assist an individual having troubles getting on or off the bus.
- Let another person have your seat on a full bus.
- Give someone your taxi and wait for the next one.
- Do some yard work for a neighbor.
- Pay for the order behind you in a drive-thru or restaurant line.
- Cook up a casserole or a dessert and deliver it to someone who has just had a baby, has had someone close to them pass or just because you know they could use a little help.
- Donate your old clothes, toys and furniture to a charity.
- Go to the dollar store and pick up some bathroom essentials and drop them off at your local homeless shelter.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- See someone struggling with something heavy; help them carry it.
- Spot a car parked on the side of the road, offer to help or call a tow truck.
- Say “Good Morning!” to a stranger.
- Give someone your place in line.
- Let a family member have the last piece of dessert.
- Clean up some trash on an outing at the park.
- Leave random positive messages on people’s windshields, in the bathrooms at venues and anywhere else that you can think of.
- Read to the children’s ward at your local hospital.
- Sign up for a “help forum” to help others with any problems or questions that they may have.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers and randomly hand them out to passersby.
- Make a gift for those you love and give it to them just because.
- Show up at a friend’s house who has kids without notice to give them an hour to do as they please by themselves.
- Buy a pack of blank cards, send them to family and friends telling why you appreciate having them be apart of your life.
- Send cute cat or dog memes with funny positive messages to random numbers.
- Treat someone to a relaxing spa day.
- Know someone struggling financially help them out with a bill or a bag of groceries.
- Leave an inspirational book like Chicken Soup For The Soul in a restroom, at a restaurant table or in a waiting area at a doctor’s office, you never know what a few stories might do to inspire a change or a positive energy in someone’s life.
- Are you an expert at DSLR photography, card making or baking? Talk to your local community center or school about volunteering your time to teach a FREE class.
- Early meeting? Buy coffee and donuts for all of your co-workers.
These are just a few simple tasks that can light up someone’s life even in their darkest hour. What random acts of kindness have your achieved lately?